Your kid's spring or summer camp program may require a camp physical exam as part of the enrollment process. If your child's sleep-away camp, scout, day camp or sports program requires a camp physical then MedSpring can help by providing a fast and convenient option. If your camp or sports program requires completion of a camp physical exam that includes the authorization of a form by a qualified healthcare provider, here are some important elements to keep in mind in advance of your visit.
What to Bring to Your Child's Camp Physical
- A copy of the entire camp physical form for the physician to review and sign.
- Boy Scouts: Parents must complete the informed consent and General Information/Health History (sections A & B) before the visit
- Your child's prescription eye glasses or contacts, if they wear them.
- A copy of your child's latest immunizations.
What to Expect During Your Camp Physical
- Be prepared to discuss your child's past injuries and/or current treatments, conditions, allergies or medications with the provider during your camp physical visit.
- Insurance is not accepted for camp physicals. However, you are welcome to submit your receipt to your insurance provider for reimbursement.
- A camp physical should not replace your child's annual check-up with their primary care provider or family physician.
- Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts attending High Adventure camp: Please consult your child's primary care or family physician to conduct your camp physical.
- Camp physicals are provided for children under 18 years of age. For those older than 18, MedSpring offers convenient adult physicals.
Why Choose MedSpring?
MedSpring Urgent Care provides convenient, high quality camp physicals for children with locations in Austin, Chicago, Dallas-Ft. Worth and Houston. Most visits last less than an hour, so your family can get back to what matters.
- Open every day 9am to 9pm. Select locations open 7am to 11pm on weekdays.
- Same day and next day appointments are available. Walk-ins are welcome.
- Free snacks, beverages and Wi-Fi while you wait.
- Comfortable patient suites and children's activities
Find your nearby MedSpring location and get your child's camp physical out of the way.