MedSpring offers DOT Physicals given by a FMCSA-certified medical provider. With several centers offering DOT Physicals that are open every day, including weekends and holidays - we make it convenient to come by for your DOT Physical or book an appointment online.
About DOT Physicals
- DOT Physicals are required for all Commercial Driver's License (CDL) holders
- The periodic DOT Physical examination is given to ensure that a driver is capable of safely operating a commercial vehicle
- Based on the Department of Transportation (DOT) Physical regulations, all DOT physical providers are required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) to be trained and certified in FMCSA standards
- A DOT physical is typically valid for 24 months. In some cases, individuals with recurring ailments may be required to renew their DOT physical more frequently.
- Upon reaching the two-year mark, a CDL holder must undergo another DOT physical to be re-certified.
What to expect during your DOT Physical:
- The provider will review your medical history with you
- Vitals such as pulse, blood pressure, height and weight will be recorded
- Checking your vision (using Snellen eye chart)
- Testing general physical abilities (range of motion, limbs, breathing, etc.)
- A urinalysis test checks protein, blood and sugar levels in the urine
- Your company may also require a 5-panel DOT controlled substance screen which is in compliance with DOT standards. This screen tests for marijuana (THC), cocaine (COC), phencyclidine (PCP), opiates (OPI), and amphetamines (AMP) and is not a part of the standard DOT physical.
To meet all requirements of your DOT Physical, MedSpring offers:
- FMCSA-certified medical providers
- Referrals to primary care physicians (if needed)
- Individual and employer plans
- Easy payment options - pay by cash or credit card
- Prompt results - results sent to employers within 24 hours, or next business day
Here are a few great reasons to give MedSpring Urgent Care a try:
- Open every day 9am to 9pm. Select locations open extended hours during the weekdays
- Same day and next day appointments are available - book now online
- Free snacks, beverages and Wi-Fi while you wait
- Comfortable patient suites and children's activities
We think your visit will be a pleasant one, but don’t just take our word for it. See what our patients are saying about their experiences with these MedSpring patient reviews for each of our centers.
If you have any questions about DOT physicals, please contact the MedSpring Occupational Health team by submitting your information in the contact us form here.