MedSpring offers DOT Physicals given by a FMCSA-certified medical provider. With several centers offering DOT Physicals that are open every day, including weekends and holidays - we make it convenient to come by for your DOT Physical. Walk-ins are welcome or book an appointment online at a center near you.
About DOT Physicals
- DOT Physicals are required for all Commercial Driver's License (CDL) holders.
- The periodic DOT Physical examination is given to ensure that a driver is capable of safely operating a commercial vehicle.
- Based on the Department of Transportation (DOT) Physical regulations, all DOT physical providers are required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) to be trained and certified in FMCSA standards.
- A DOT physical is typically valid for 24 months. In some cases, individuals with recurring ailments may be required to renew their DOT physical more frequently.
- Upon reaching the two-year mark, a CDL holder must undergo another DOT physical to be re-certified.
1. What to expect during your DOT Physical:
- Reviewing your medical history
- Taking your vital signs
- Checking your visions (using Snellen eye chart)
- Testing general physical abilities (range of motion, limbs, breathing, etc.)
- A urine test, which includes a 5-panel DOT controlled substance screen In compliance with DOT standards, this includes a screen for marijuana (THC), cocaine (COC), phencyclidine (PCP), opiates (OPI) and amphetamines (AMP).
2. To meet all requirements of your DOT Physical, MedSpring offers:
- FMCSA-certified medical providers
- Referrals to primary care physicians (if needed)
- Individual and employer plans
- Payments by cash or credit card
- Results sent to employers within 24 hours, or next busniess day - in accordance with federal standards
3. Here are a few great reasons to give MedSpring Urgent Care a try:
Open every day 8am to 8pm. Select locations open extended hours during the weekdays
Walk-ins are welcome; same day and next day appointments are available - book now online
Free snacks, beverages and Wi-Fi while you wait
Comfortable patient suites and children's activities
We think your visit will be a pleasant one, but don’t just take our word for it. See what our patients are saying about their experiences with these MedSpring patient reviews for each of our centers.