As the year goes on, schedules get busier. MedSpring is here to help take your child's sports physicals and school physicals off your to-do list at an affordable price! For only $39, our providers will be happy to review your child's medical history and perform a physical exam to determine that they are ready to join school activities or participate in sports. Physical exams are important in making sure your child is healthy and able to participate in physical activities with minimal risk of injury.
Youth School Physicals & Sports Physicals (18 and under)
- What: School or sports physicals
- Where: At any of our MedSpring centers in Austin, Dallas, or Houston, TX; or Chicago, IL and the surrounding suburbs
- When: Now until the start of your child's sport season
- Why should I get my child's school physical now? Most schools require an updated physical prior to the start of the school year (and some, even before sports tryouts). Additionally, many doctor's offices and other urgent care facilities become very busy performing physicals the closer it gets to the start of school. So, the sooner you get your child's physical, the less time it will take from your already busy schedule!
1. What to bring to your child's physical:
- A copy of the entire sports physical form for the provider to review and sign
- Your child's prescription eye glasses or contacts if they wear them
- A copy of your child's latest immunizations
2. What to expect during a youth physical:
- Be prepared to discuss your child's past injuries and/or current treatments, conditions, allergies or medications with the provider during your physical visit
- Insurance is not accepted for youth sports physicals. However, you are welcome to submit your receipt to your insurance provider for reimbursment
- MedSpring cannot sign off on high-risk physicals. We recommend you see your primary care physician for these specific exams
- A sports physical should not replace your child's annual check-up with their primary care provider or family physician
3. Here are a few great reasons to give MedSpring Urgent Care a try:
Open every day 8 am to 8 pm. Select locations open extended hours during the weekdays
Same day and next day appointments are available. Walk-ins are welcome
Free snacks, beverages and Wi-Fi while you wait
Comfortable patient suites and children's activities
If an entire group or team would like to come in together for their school physicals or sports physicals, please let us know so we can make arrangements in advance in order to get your group in and out as quickly as possible.
We think your visit will be a pleasant one, but don’t just take our word for it. See what our patients are saying about their experiences with these MedSpring patient reviews for each of our centers.
Do you have more questions about sports physicals? We've probably tackled them in our "Top 12 Things You Need to Know About Sports Physicals" blog. Read it now!